
The young toddler explores. His father watches him without taking his eyes off him for a moment, knowing that the child is entering a potentially dangerous scenario. He allows the young boy to experience the danger just enough to teach him a lesson. Yet, the father is close enough to step in and stop it before it can do any permanent damage or hurt. When the boy reaches that point that he needs help, his father QUICKLY steps in.
I have wandered off the path that leads to happiness and the Lord. I let go of the "iron rod" and got lost in that vast darkness for a time. When I realized that I was lost, that I was scared, that it was dark, I called out to my Heavenly Father to help me. I told Him I didn't know where I was, that I'm alone, and don't know how to find my way back. I asked Him to take my hand and lead me back to safety. He loves His children so much that He will allow them to experience the hurt, but when it becomes more than His children can bear, He will pick them up and carry them to safety. I have a testimony of this.
One of my weaknesses is that I am an "all or nothing" type of person. If I'm not doing everything right, I feel like there's no use in trying. Every small positive effort we make is one step closer to that which we are seeking, no matter how small the effort. We must have faith that if we continue to try to do our part and give it the best effort that we can, He will do the rest.
Its so true! We do have a very loving Father. As well as a savior that will bridge the gap between us and our Father.
ReplyDelete