Saturday, October 2, 2010

Letting Go and Letting God


My heart is breaking. "Letting go and letting God" is easier said than done. Regardless of how difficult this task of "letting go" is, it must be done if I'm going to be happy.

Today is moving day. I'm starting my new life. As I'm packing up the remainder of my things and getting ready to walk out the front door, I'm reflecting on the past. It seems that only two or three months ago my life revolved around my best friend and lover. Now, it revolves around My God, my children, and myself. It was said to me that you should NEVER love anyone more than God. I'm going to take that statement to another level... You should never rely on anyone more than God. I have spent my entire life relying on people to take care of me and carry me through. Today, I count on God. He places people in our paths to assist us, but ultimately it is Him who will sustain and build us. It is Him who will take care of us.

I'm searching for the right words to express here. This blog has become a strength for me. I pray before I write and ask for the words that will inspire and give strength. I love all of you, but I blog for me. I have often come back to these posts and found strength in the words that God has spoken to me. Right now, I pray to you Heavenly Father for inspiration. I pray that I will say the things that will give me courage, hope, peace, and love. I will clear my mind and let Your words flow through me...

Jess, you have a strength that you don't recognize. You are surrounded by people and angels who love you. You have never been alone. Even in your darkest hours, you have been carried and loved. You have gifts of the Spirit to share with others. You have a compassion and love for all that you will build upon. Because of the love you possess for others, you have the ability to make your mark in this life. You will be able to look back on your life and be proud. You are a divine, virtuous, and VALIANT daughter of God. Note that last word... YOU ARE VALIANT!

Jess, remember. Remember where you've been. Remember what you've overcome. Remember the miracles of God throughout your life. Look back on the past, seeing things through God's eyes. Has He ever left you alone? The answer to that is an ABSOLUTE NO!!! From the day you were born, there is evidence of His presence and guidance. He has opened doors for you that no earthly being could. He has blessed you with incredible parents, friends, children, family, and your rock... Your Father. When you feel like everyone has left or abandoned you, remember your dad. Remember that people will come and go, but your father and your Father in Heaven will always be there. There is nothing that you could do for them to leave you. And... there are two more who have entered into your life, placed there by The Father, to show you and help you understand unconditional love and happiness... Jackson and Rachel. Many wonderful people have been placed in your life to give strength, help build your character, and bring happiness to your soul. Recognize those people as gifts from God and appreciate the time that you've had to spend with them.

Move forward with Faith and Hope. You know that happiness awaits you. You know that you will enjoy life. Look at the miracles that have taken place just in the last 4 months. You are clean. You are clear minded. You have moments of pure happiness now that you've never experienced before.

What things in your life give you Godly happiness?... Your children, your friends, your family, music, laughter, and God. You will come out of this the best version of Jessica. You will be renewed. Rebuilt. Think of the promises that God has made you within the last two months. Remember and reflect on those sacred promises. HE WILL NOT PROMISE YOU SOMETHING AND CHANGE HIS MIND! He promised. Have Faith in those promises.

You have experienced in these past few months, love. One of the greatest loves that you've discovered is the love you've developed for yourself. You no longer need to hate yourself. You no longer need to carry this guilt and shame. You can take that self love that God has blessed you with and share it with others. Be proud of who you are.

It's time to Let Go and Let God. Put your hand in His and let Him lead you into exaltation.

No comments:

Post a Comment