Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rebuilding the Engine


My question to my father today... "Dad, I've lost almost everything near and dear to me. I've lost my husband, my best friend, my dignity, my self-respect, my family. I've barely got my kids right now. I am completely broken and lost. What more is there to take?"

His response was the best advice that I've gotten in years...

"Sometimes God has to take the engine completely apart and rebuild it for it to run better... If you have a car that sputters, smokes, everything about it is falling apart, it's dead, you need to take it completely apart, part by part, and rebuild it from nothing. Once the rebuilding process is done, you have a shiny, new, smooth running machine that runs better than before. It no longer just gets from point A to point B. It get's there with efficiency and stamina."

Thank you God for inspiring my father to say EXACTLY what I need to hear right now. I surrender myself to You to rebuild.

No comments:

Post a Comment